Statement of Faith
HOPE FOR THE HORN OF AFRICA works with all Christians, regardless of denomiation, race or language, who live under the Lordship of Jesus Chirst.
Our Statement of Faith
We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the verbally inspired Word of God, and the Supreme and final authority in faith and life.
• We believe in the triune God, eternally existing in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• We believe in God the Father, Almighty and eternal, creator of all things, both visible and invisible.
• We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, born of the Virgin Mary, fully God and fully man, suffered and died for our sins on the cross, was buried, rose bodily from the dead, appeared to men, ascended into heaven, who now sits on the right hand side of the Father and intercedes for us, and who is coming again with great power and glory.
• We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, who inspired the prophets and apostles of old; who indwells, empowers and distributes spiritual gifts to be exercised by the believers for spiritual edification of the church; and who convicts the world concerning sin, righteousness and judgment.
• We believe that all human beings are born with sinful nature; but whose who repent of their sin and personally accept Jesus Christ as his/her Lord and Savior are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
• We believe that Christians are called to obey God's Word and live a holy life, bear spiritual fruit and glorify Jesus Christ.
• We believe that our Lord Jesus Christ will come again to establish His kingdom. He will raise the dead and judge all human beings, the wicked shall be separated from God's presence, but the righteous shall live with Him forever.